What are the Pro's and Con's of moving to Heritage Lake, Indiana? Here area few things to consider if you are not from the area.
- Lake Community - One of the pros is Heritage Lake offers many things for recreation around the lake. They have multiple beaches, playgrounds, sport courts, campground, swimming pool, and many community events throughout the year. One con is that there are no bike trails/lanes. The lake has a main road the loops the whole lake, and it would be really nice to have a bike trail that follows that, but it is something that will likely never happen due to cost.
- Roads - This is one of the negatives of the area. There are many vacant lots that have not been built on where owners own them for lake access only. Some of the roads have very few homes on them which is great for privacy, but road conditions are not as well kept where fewer homes are. Another negative is GPS makes it hard to find locations in this community. Sometimes you search an address and it shows a dot on the map that is not even close to the home's location. So if you are going to the area for the first time be sure to get good location directions. All the roads are marked within a road number/letter as well to help with directions. Another cool thing is golf carts are legal for the road, so keep an eye out when you drive!
- Location - If you like to live away from the congestion of towns and cities this could be a great place to call home. It is located about 15 minutes from Danville, 20 minutes from Greencastle, and 30 minutes from Plainfield. There are not any grocery stores nearby other than these towns listed, so it's a little bit of a drive to hit the places to shop.
- Restaurants/Retail - As mentioned above about the grocery stores, it's basically the same situation for any shopping, you will have to drive to these neighboring towns. As far as restaurants there are only a few local options, which is mostly pizza. However, new in 2021 will be a brand new restaurant right on the the lake at the marina. This will be a nice addition to the community.
- New Construction - This community is basically a 3000 lot subdivision. There are still a lot of undeveloped lots, and the area has really started growing the last 5 years in terms of new construction. Vacant lots are inexpensive compared to neighboring towns which has led to a boom in new construction homes. Growth is good for a community and home values, but many current residents are disappointed to be losing the privacy they once had as most of the vacant lots are wooded.
If you would like to see all of the current Heritage Lake listings please check out the Heritage Lake Area page. If you have any questions about moving to this area and need a Heritage Lake Realtor, please send me a quick message!